Renewal of PR card where not meeting residency obligation

hosali

My 3rd PR card issued on 15 March 2014 and was expired on 15th March 2019. In January 2018, it was stolen in my back home. then a travel document was issued in May 2018 and the validly was one year with multiple entry. despite the validity of the travel document, I entered canada just 4 days before of the expiry of the travel documents . in the five years period of pr, I have residency only for 427 days. Now I spend almost eight months after entry into canada. if i continue lke 730 days and then apply for pr renewal, is that ok for hassle free pr card renewal ?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Your application will likely be reviewed and your status investigated. If you can wait longer it means a shorter application time.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So if you apply for a new PR Card with enough days to meet the residency requirement but not many more than the residency requirement (let's say 800) your application is usually reviewed more thoroughly than normal. Whereas, if you easily meet the residency requirement (say you have well over 1,000 days) they are not worried about it and, more often than not, approve the PR Card more quickly. But each application is different.