residency condition Vs Chance of receiving a job offer from Canada job bank ? already have PR / waiting for PR / internationals

Ehsan13

Hello admin,

I would like to apply for express entry program to move to Toronto from Denmark. I would like to know how much I approximately increase my chance of receiving job offer in following situations respectively?

1. I am an international applicant without Canadian PR working here in Denmark and simultaneously looking for a job in Canada job bank
2. I am already in pool of express entry program with CRS of approximately 411 waiting to be called for visa and simultaneously looking for a job in Canada job bank
3. I am granted a temporary work permit (for example as a spouse of a student ) and looking for a job in Canada job bank
4. I am granted PR and and then looking for a job.

I would like to use your response to realize which condition I should target to have a reasonable chance of getting a job offer in next 1 to 1.5 years.
Specifically, Do I increase my chance of receiving job offer bu stepping from 1 up to 2?

BR, Ehsan

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'll try to give you an honest assessment:
  1. It depends upon what you do for a living. If you have in-demand skills, the chances could be relatively high. If you don't, the chances would be very, very low.
  2. 411 is just not high enough to get an ITA. Maybe it's high enough for a PNP in one of the less populous provinces but I haven't looked at any draws aside from Ontario's recently.
  3. If you got an open work permit accompanying your spouse to Canada on their student visa, you are much more likely to get a job because you are here. The issue for PR is that the job needs to be skilled in order to qualify for Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
  4. You will need a higher scored than 411 but yes, this is the best way to go about it if you indeed qualify to immigrate. Employers are much more likely to hire someone already here, especially someone with permanent status.
Hope this helps.

Ehsan13

Really thanks for your feedback,

I am a lead mechanical engineer and working in Vestas company which is a well-known wind energy company in the world among competitors.

I realized that lots of employers in Canada select their candidates from Canada job bank site. I found that, as an employee you need to register your express entry application code so employers know that you already applied for PR, it is my perception at least.

Now I am wondering if having applied for express entry will improve your chance of getting a job comparing to being an international applicant with no case pending for PR?

Your response is very helpful, thanks again :)

/Ehsan

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ehsan,
Yes, having an Express Entry profile is better than not having one but I hear a lot of people complain about how Canadian companies will not hire anyone without status. I don't have statistics for that and I know that for really in-demand jobs, they don't care, but I know that it can be very frustrating for people who are told by IRCC that all they need to do is put up a job board post and they'll get a job, and then the reality is quite different.

You have an in-demand skill, I would think, so you are probably more likely to find a job before getting PR than most, but I still wouldn't want to tell you that it's likely. One major problem Canada has is the lack of a coherent strategy between the government - which wants skilled immigrants to come here and work as quickly as possible - and the private sector - which wants to hire people with status, who have Canadian or American or western European credentials.

Ehsan13

Hi Again,

Thanks for detailed answer. I guess I submit my express entry profile and I also try to find a course for my wife in Toronto.
1. I heard in some periods, selected CRS score even reduces to 400. Is it correct?
2. If Nora(my wife) applies for English program with period of 6 to 12 months in Toronto, Can we apply for student visa (also work permit for me)? then this also increases our score for PR afterwards, I assume. Right?

Really I appreciate your time and attention,
/Ehsan