Should I apply dependent visa for spouse and child along with my study visa?

melon

I am planning to apply for study visa in Canada. I want to know if I can apply for a dependent visa for my spouse and 5-year-old child. Does applying their visa along with mine increase the chances of my study visa getting rejected? Should I go alone and apply for them later?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
You can indeed apply for a dependent visa for your child and your spouse can apply for an open work permit or visitor visa.

To the best of my knowledge, of I know of no data that suggests doing so will make your application less successful. You need to make sure, however, that it is very clear you will all be returning home when your program of study ends.

andrew17

Hi.

I got to this forum because I have a question. I applied for a study permit almost two months ago, were I included my wife. We gave biometrics last week and now I received the letter for medical examinations (we're from Honduras). My concern is that my wife didn't get this same letter. Is this normal for a study permit or is there any chance that she gets the visa rejected?

mayera fayez

Hi.

I got to this forum because I have a question. I applied for a study permit almost two months ago, were I included my wife. We gave biometrics last week and now I received the letter for medical examinations (we're from Honduras). My concern is that my wife didn't get this same letter. Is this normal for a study permit or is there any chance that she gets the visa rejected?
I have created a whatsapp group for all of us to connect and discuss about Canada Immigration and PR. Please DM or PM me and I will add you to the group.” Please Provide Full name, Mobile and Email Address.