Should I apply for federal express entry before moving from Saskatchewan to Quebec (with a job offer)?

AKS

Greetings!

Currently, I am at the last stage of my Ph.D. from Saskatchewan (SK), and I have a job offer from a company in Montreal, Quebec. My wife is a postdoctoral fellow at a university in SK who is working in collaboration with a company in Montreal. Therefore, moving to Montreal seems to make sense for us. However, We want to apply for PR, but we don't know French. I understand that we should not apply for federal PR after moving to Montreal because of the letter of intent (kindly correct me if that's not the case).

My query is: should we apply for federal PR before moving to Quebec which is planed in 2 months? Will that help us in avoiding the conflict?

Thanks in advance.
Ashwani

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I am just the webmaster so I don't know if I can answer your questions.

Are you saying that you believe you cannot apply for federal immigration with a job offer from a Quebec employer? Is that correct? If that is what you are saying, I'm actually not sure if that's the law. Quebec has control of their immigration program, it's true, but other the federal government is in charge of immigration. I think you probably need to talk to an immigration lawyer or consultant in Quebec to get the correct answer.

However, if qualify to apply for PR right now, without the job offer from a Quebec company, and you are approved, nobody can force you to live or work anywhere, whether in Saskatchewan or Quebec. That's my understanding anyway.