skilled worker program

richard

riley, what if a skilled worker applicant wanted to pay a company/employer so they could be sponsored? if they paid like 100k so they could get a letter of recommendation or a job offer but it was all fake only to get pr status? how could the government find out this type of fraud then? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The employer has to prove they need to hire the worker. If they can't do that, it doesn't matter how much the worker pays them.

richard

ok but can you be more specific if an employer or better yet the candidate has a letter of job offer, how the employer would have to prove to the government that they truly need that specific individual? im talking about before someone is even invited to a pr exam or something like that. rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Richard,
You are confusing two separate processes, work permits and permanent residence. Which are you asking about?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The LMIA is required for a job offer for a work permit.

For permanent residence, no LMIA is required, nor is a job offer. If you have a job offer, you get additional points for your Express Entry profile. Those points may help you get your Invitation to Apply for permanent residence but the cutoffs get lower and lower, so it's not necessarily a requirement.

richard

what does this mean, but the cutoffs get lower and lower? if someone knows someone in canada and they pay them like 100k for a letter of job offer, how would the government find out about it then? this is pr status were talking about here riley? what then? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Skilled worker immigration to Canada is a points-based system. The point totals required are a lot lower than they used to be. You don't need a job offer from a Canadian employer to meet those point totals, in most cases.

richard

ok let me put it to you this way, i know someone who lives in toronto who has a translation business, if they wanted to prove that they needed me and gave me a job offer, apart from the points systems, what other requirements do i need to meet? this is where all of this bureaucracy b.s. is coming into the picture....... rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As I said before, the points system is separate from the work permit system. This person has to prove they need you for a work permit, not for permanent residence.

Aren't you inadmissible to Canada?

A few posts ago you were asking about bribing employers for job offers. I'm not sure where the bureaucratic BS comes in... We have laws and regulations for a reason, such as to prevent people from bribing their way into the country when they don't qualify to immigrate.

richard

ok let me put it to you in more simple terms. i know someone in toronto who has an interpretation/translation business and even though i dont have a degree but only certification for both of these. i personally know the owner and know that i can pay him like 100k easily. he needs to prove to the government that he needs me right? what would he need to do this on his end and even if he could prove that, why would there be so much paperwork assuming that i got invited to a pr exam by the government like when the government says you maybe invited for pr? why does the process have to be so complicated? why so much red tape? what loops do i have to jump for pr status? what are the steps but in plain and simple english? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you actually had CAD$100,000 I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be on this forum asking me question after question after question. You pay someone a lot less money to figure out how you can immigrate to Canada legally.

You are confusing the two programs: you don't need a job offer for skilled worker PR. You do need a job offer and an LMIA for a work permit (which is temporary residence) but you don't need the same qualifications.

richard

if someone in lets say toronto wanted to hire a foreign worker to work as a translator for his company but the canadian government wasnt in much demand for this, who or what would override and have the final say if this person who is being requested by the employer in canada qualifies as a skilled worker? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Accredited translators are skilled workers so either they can come here through Express Entry, without job offers, or they might be able to make use of the new Global Talent Stream.

richard

but if an accredited translator is being south by someone within canada, who would have the final say if they are invited for pr status then? what would determine this? rsvp

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Richard,
A translator is a skilled worker: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=5125&CST=01012011&MLV=4&CLV=4. This skilled worker can apply for Express Entry: https://www.immigroup.com/express-entry. Their profile will be evaluated according to this: https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entrys-comprehensive-rating-system A job offer from a Canadian company is far from essential though it sure helps.
If the candidate has enough points, they are invited to apply. Provided everything checks out (i.e. their credentials are legit) they will become a permanent resident. The arbiter of this is an IRCC employee, as usual.

If, for some reason, this theoretical company cannot wait the 6 months, there is a different process but it will likely take nearly as long and result in temporary residence, not permanent residence.

richard

hey riley if i wanted to visit canada only to go see a medical doctor, would i still be criminally inadmissable? if so, what could be done about it? rsvp.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you would still be criminally inadmissible even if you were coming to see a doctor. You would need to get a temporary resident permit, which is permission for you to enter temporarily in spit of your criminal inadmissibility.