Sponsor travel during app processing

Sushendang

Hey guys! I had a question.

So my job needs me to travel for work out of country for long period of times due to a project that has come up.

Will that affect my Outland sponsorship application for my wife? Since I won’t physically be in Canada while her application is in process? But my payroll taxes everything is in Canada and I can maintain a permanent address as well.

I can get a signed letter from my employer stating that I will be returning to Canada once the project is over. And I will be traveling in and out of the country every couple of months.

Any advice on this?

Thank you so much for all your help! ❤

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
No, it won't as long as you are still meeting the residency requirement (if you are not yet a citizen). You need to be here when you submit the application and you need to generally reside in Canada, but if you are traveling for work this should not affect the application in any way.

Sushendang

No, it won't as long as you are still meeting the residency requirement (if you are not yet a citizen). You need to be here when you submit the application and you need to generally reside in Canada, but if you are traveling for work this should not affect the application in any way.
Thank you so much! I will submit supporting document from my employer as well to support the same. I’ll go ahead with my sponsorship application now. Thank you