Sponsorship with expired PR


New Member
Recently I came back to Canada after many years and now I should wait 2 years to renew my PR card. Together with me came to Canada my wife and child as a visitors. Is it possible to sponsor them immoderately or should I wait 2 years for a new PR card and only then to apply for sponsorship?

Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
If you do not meet the residence requirement currently, you should absolutely not apply for a PR Card until you meet the residence requirement.

As to sponsorship: the person reviewing the application is not responsible for ensuring you've met the residence requirement. I don't know that they can refer your status to be investigated. But I am just the webmaster. That's a question for an RCIC or lawyer.