Start up Visa Qualifications?

Kail

How can I qualify to get a start up business visa? Please explain it me which person is eligible for it?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You need Canadian investors, but the requirements are complicated: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/start-up/eligibility.asp

This thread is a bit old, but I would like to correct it. You DO NOT need Canadian investors if you are going through an incubator path. You only need Canadian investors if you are going to apply to Angel or VC designated organisations.
Most applications for PR were approved historically by a large factor through an incubator track, so those applicants did not get funded through an investor. Both options with funding and no funding have similar outcome - a letter of support from a designated organization.

MorraKaput

This thread is a bit old, but I would like to correct it. You DO NOT need Canadian investors if you are going through an incubator path. You only need Canadian investors if you are going to apply to Angel or VC designated organisations.
Most applications for PR were approved historically by a large factor through an incubator track, so those applicants did not get funded through an investor. Both options with funding and no funding have similar outcome - a letter of support from a designated organization.
I needed this info, thanks!

sasuke2690

Phone
Email
[email protected]
Criteria for Start-up Visa Program eligibility possess an acceptable business. possess an endorsement letter from the designated organization. and satisfy the language requirements. have enough money to relocate to Canada and support yourself before you start to profit from your business.

emmapredovic

Qualifying requirements for the Start-up Visa Program have a respectable business. hold a letter of support from the designated organization. and meet the language criteria. Before you begin to make money from your business, you should have enough money to move to Canada and support yourself.

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
The designated incubators on the list at the link given by Shachaudhary seem to be all Canadian based - some with a more local focus others with a more international focus - but as mentioned above, the incubator process is distinct from the process with an angel investor or vc fund.