Study Permit possibilities

Iamkhan2017

Hi, I am a Bangladeshi citizen, Age 28, would like to come in Canada under study permit. I am really keen to study Resort & Hotel/Hospitality Management Program which is (2 year) College Diploma at any Public College in British Columbia or Alberta.

After completion of my O-Level from Edexcel UK International, Bangladesh in 2006, I got engaged in employment & after a long study gap I obtained a Diploma in Hospitality Management (1 year) from a Bangladeshi Institution from the year (2015-2016). Currently, I am back into my previous job with the same employer working as a Senior Operations Manager.

I would like to know, Am I eligible to apply for the said program at any institution as a Matured student & Am I eligible to get the study permit in Canada with study gap & Genuine work experiences (8 years) in those gap? What are the chances of getting the study permit after applying from Bangladesh?

I am hoping to get the expert answers soon of my queries.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
There are no rules about age at universities and colleges in Canada. If you can meet the requirements of a program (and pay the fees), they'll let you in, provided there is room.
This website (which I just found now and know nothing about) http://www.canadian-universities.net/Universities/Programs/Hospitality_and_Tourism.html appears to list the schools with hospitality programs in Canada. Have a look.
Once you pick which schools you want to apply for, you'll need to figure out how to apply. (It will depend upon the school.)
Once you're accepted, you'll need to pick which school you want to go to (if you're accepted at more than one) and you'll need to formerly enroll before you apply for a study permit.

Iamkhan2017

Many Thanks for your response. But I would like to know, After I get accepted in a college, Am I eligible to get the study permit as a Matured student in Canada with study gap & Genuine work experiences (8 years) in those gap? What are the chances of getting the study permit after applying from Bangladesh?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
There's no age restriction on study permits either. Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. There aren't age restrictions. There are financial restrictions, but no age restrictions.

Nobody can give you odds about getting the permit or not getting it. All I can say is that if you meet the requirements for a study permit, you should get it.