Super Visa Canada

Belladama

Hi everyone!:)
My mother has been coming to Canada for the last 5 years as a visitor, most of her visits have been for 6 months every time however, last two visits have been one year stay. In the last couple of times I have applied for visitor stay extensions during Covid and both of them have been approved.

Now, I'm thinking of applying for Super visa, my mom is a retired nurse, divorced and I'm her only child. That's why, she would like to continue coming to spend long-term visits with us. I haven't been able to sponsor her under Family class because I haven't been selected to apply yet.

I have a question regarding the proof of funds requirement for Super Visa, my mom receives very little money from her pension which would be not enough at all to prove that she could sustain herself financially in Canada during long-term stays (up to 2 years which is offered in Super Visa). As a host child myself, I will provide notice of assessments/bank statements to prove the Low-income cut off (LICO) as well as my husband as co-signer will provide proof of income documents. Since our family size is small only my husband and myself, (no children) therefore we are able to take care of all her living expenses during her stays with us.

Would that be enough to meet the proof of funds requirement for this application? Please kindly provide me with some advice.
Thank you so much in advance for your help!:)

simmi saini

Good Day!

My name is Simmi Saini and I am a Permanent resident of Canada. My mother is currently staying with us on Super visa.

On Super visa, she can stay till two continuous years. She will be completing two years in February 2022. Due to new virus, we are scared to send her back home country. Kindly let us know the options by which we can extend her stay here on super visa.

Do we need to apply for her super visa extension or is there is any other way to keep her here. Can we go Mexico and return back. As she is holding 10 years multiple entry super visa.

Kindly help advise.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

dsouzajan

My mother has been coming to Canada for the last 5 years as a visitor, most of her visits have been for 6 months every time however, last two visits have been one year stay. In the last couple of times I have applied for visitor stay extensions during Covid and both of them have been approved.

Now, I'm thinking of applying for Super visa, my mom is a retired nurse, divorced and I'm her only child. That's why, she would like to continue coming to spend long-term visits with us. I haven't been able to sponsor her under Family class because I haven't been selected to apply yet.

I have a question regarding the proof of funds requirement for Super Visa, my mom receives very little money from her pension which would be not enough at all to prove that she could sustain herself financially in Canada during long-term stays (up to 2 years which is offered in Super Visa). As a host child myself, I will provide notice of assessments/bank statements to prove the Low-income cut off (LICO) as well as my husband as co-signer will provide proof of income documents. Since our family size is small only my husband and myself, (no children) therefore we are able to take care of all her living expenses during her stays with us.

Would that be enough to meet the proof of funds requirement for this application? Please kindly provide me with some advice.

Hello Belladama,

I know this post is couple years old, but if you don't mind would you be able to tell me if you were able to get the super visa for your mom?
My husband's mom is under a similar scenario, she's widowed, retired and both her sons are here in Canada.
Visitor visa was rejected twice as she doesn't have much savings or pension in India and since both sons are here, no significant ties back home despite of having a large family with her parents and sisters.
We want to apply for super visa too in hopes that it will be approved.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Janice