Supporting documentation


New Member
Hi there,

When submitting parental sponsorship, you have to attach supporting documents, like the sponsors birth certificate to prove the parents relationship to said sponsor. Can you send a photo copy? or should you send a certified copy or the actual original?

Riley Haas

Staff member
The document checklist says a photo copy, however, especially if your parents were born in a country that didn't have decent birth records, you might want to get a certified copy to be safe. Also, if your parents were born in a country which doesn't have English or French as an official language, you will need translations of the certificates.