tourist visa (Mexican)

Raul_Rincon

Hi there! I am from Mexico, I am 23 years old, I just graduated from University this past December, this April I want to come to Canada to visit my girlfriend who is a Canadian citizen, we met in Canada in 2013 we dated there for a month and then I came back to Mexico and she has come twice to visit me, once in 2014 and once in 2015, because of my graduation my father gave me 6 thousand dollars which I would like to spend in Vancouver with my girlfriend, I'd like to stay there for 4 months, what should I do to assure that I will get the tourist visa? she will write an invitation letter for sure but I am afraid that I am not giving a strong reason for them to believe that I am not gonna stay longer than my visa allows me, I still have to come back to mexico because even though I finish the 47 years program of my school I need to do a thesis so I can get my bachelor degree (diploma or I don't know what you call it) I have worked in Europe, Unites States and of course Canada, does that help? can someone give me some advises for my application and the invitation letter that my girlfriend has to elaborate? I would appreciate some help, thank you very much!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you can provide proof that you need to write your thesis in order to get your degree, that would be a start. Do you have an apartment? A lease would help. Bank accounts, credit cards and the like would also be helpful.

Raul_Rincon

I own an apartment, my dad bought it for me years ago but I don't rent it, I just have it there, does that help? for sure I have the documentation that proof that is mine but is in Spanish I don't know if I can translate it myself :S

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect it has to be certified however I do not know what that entails in Mexico. If you contact your nearest Canadian diplomatic mission, they may be able to help you about who you can use in Mexico.