Uk citizenship

coolj84

dear Sir/Madam I was born in England in Aug 1984 to an Iraqi parents, I lived in England till Dec 1989 as my parents were doing their PhD's. my elder brother was born in England in Sep 1982. when we returned to Iraq in 1989, my father was going there for a visit, but the 1st gulf war has started few days later so we stuck there until Dec 2001 were we first left Iraq to Jordan. me and my brother applied for a UK citizenship, his application was approved were mine was rejected and i have not been advised for further actions, I was surfing the citizenship laws for those who were born after 1983 and I found that if a person was born in UK after 1983 and neither his or her parents were UK citizen or settled there can still apply for UK citizenship if he or she lived their till they become 10 years old and during that period they should not live outside the UK for more than 90 days, but I believe that I have a strong reason for that. I would appreciate any advice that could help me. regards

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I just responded to your other post, but I see there are more details here. If you were only there until age 5, I'm not sure you have a case. Sorry to say.