Unable to obtain PCC for PR application

jenka

I am in Canada on my visitor visa and my husband is a Permanent Resident. We are both of Indian nationality and are facing an issue to apply for my PR through the in-land spouse sponsorship. We require a Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) from the Indian consulate but I am unable to secure it as I am on visitor visa. The Indian consulate website states that PCC applications shall not be accepted from applicants who are on tourist visas.

Can we still apply for my PR application without a PCC by including an explanation letter as to why we are unable to obtain it?
Do we have any other option?

Looking forward to your response.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing I'd do is try calling or emailing the consulate and explaining the situation. The second thing is to see if you can contact the police agency in India directly.

jenka

Hi Riley,

Thank you for your reply. We have tried applying for the PCC through BLS which is an outsourced agency by the Indian Consulate in Canada but we were unable to obtain it.
We also tried applying for PCC in India directly but that requires me to be present it person to obtain the PCC.

We were wondering if there could be a way to apply for the PR application without the PCC and provide a detailed letter explaining why we were unable to obtain it and the efforts we have made.

Would that be a good option?

canadageorge

Administrator
I don't know that this is possible, it's a mandatory requirement. Have you tried calling IRCC directly? It's going to be very hard to get through but if you do they may be able to tell you whether or not a note would suffice. (I suspect it will not.)

K. Polly

I took my fingerprints in Canada and mailed it back to my home country with pictures of my ID and passport. A family member is submitting it on my behalf for a PCC. You can check if that is an option for you.

janani.neel

Hello Jenka, interested to know how you finally went about obtaining a PCC from the Indian Consulate in Canada. Because I find myself in the exact position as you. Also were you able to submit your inland spousal sponsorship without a PCC and just an explanation note?

Riley's and Polly's ideas about obtaining one directly from India may be the only solution possible but was curious.