uRGENT ADVICE NEEDED FOR BEFORE TRAVEL VISITS

sunnypal

Hello everyone,
I just received my permanent residence of Canada. I am currently in India. I have about 6 months of validity available for the canada immigration to expire. So can i visit and stay in any other country(Dubai) before going to Canada?

I was planning to be in Dubai for 14 days and then go to Canada and then apply for the permanent residence travel card. Please reply this As SOON AS POSSIBLE. My email id- [email protected]. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't personally know of any reason why you couldn't do that. But do note that the border officer will look at your passport and ask you why you went to Dubai before coming to Canada.

sunnypal

So are you working with Canadian immigration ? I am just visiting there for a family occasion. I hope they don't mind that. During the process of my PR, they did take all the information about my life and the cities I visited. So I hope they don't cross check and say that you shouldnt go there as you are the immigrant of Canada or something stupid like that.
On the other hand, I always never had a clue what they might do at any point of time.Because of which I don't want to put my visa in RISK.
Please can you confirm the information from somewhere?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I work for three Registered Immigration Consultants. I do not work for Citizenship and Immigration Canada - this is a the forum for a private organization.

I do not personally know of anyone who has done this, so I cannot confirm myself.

I just spoke to one of our consultants, and he says there there is no rule that would prevent you from visiting another country on your way to Canada.