Visiting visa refused and I don't know why

FancyEmily

I recently applied for a visiting visa last month to Canada and was refused. The letter said "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit." What does this mean? I have extensive travel history, gave adequate financial records. although I made a mistake on the date of my marriage and didn't find out till much later... the document I provided for marriage certificate bore a different date than what was on the application. I can't think of any other mistake everything else was spot on please help

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
In addition to providing financial records you have to demonstrate you will return to your home country. This usually means providing a return ticket plus providing evidence of ties to your home country (employment, property ownership etc.). If you provided that then it could be any number of other things, including things that may not actually personally apply to you (such as they are worried about people from your country over-staying more often than others).