Visitor Visa Refused and Unable to understand reason.

amitx_suri

Hello All

I applied for visitor visa and it was refused and following reasons were given

VO was not satisfied that I'll leave canada at the end of my stay based on purpose of my visit AND
VO was not satisfied that I'll leave canada at the end of my stay based on financial status

Sounds very simple correct?

However , I was not asked any documents with relation to any of those two points. Just application form , travel history , family information, passport and digital photo. I tried to apply again and landed on the same page where once again , no financial information is explicitly sought.

Question
Where I am supposed to add that information. All i can see is Client information section. I mean to provide my social ties with host country and to prove financial status , there should be a place holder correct? . Can anyone please help.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You have to provide it yourself. You need to provide proof your can afford your trip with the application and you have to provide proof that you will return to your home country.

amitx_suri

You have to provide it yourself. You need to provide proof your can afford your trip with the application and you have to provide proof that you will return to your home country.
I understand but where should i provide it? I had the proof , all other details but there was no place in the entire application to add it.. They didn’t mention anywhere that they needed the financials or purpose of visit... just the application, travel history, photo, family history , passport that’s it. That’s exactly what’s baffling me, if they don’t even ask that information, how come they can deny with that reason

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Did you submit paper or online? If it's by paper you just print it off and include it.

Online I honestly don't know. I've never submitted an application. I assume there must be places for attachments.

amitx_suri

I submitted the application online and i have rechecked it again and couldn’t locate any place to submit documents related to financials or purpose of visit.

Now, my understanding is that there is a glitch in system which is somehow removing the ask for financial documents.

In online questionnaire there was a question about having a previous usa travel OR having a valid usa visa. If you answer NO , then financial information section will be displayed... if you answer YES, it will disappear....

This OR should be replaced with AND because as with my case, I don’t have Valid USA visa but i travelled to usa in past 10 years....

I say NO.... then i am misrepresenting the fact....and will be refused.......

If i say YES then they won’t even ask the financial information and will be refused as they can’t know about my financial status..

Stuck....

Rosey

Hello,

I have only done paper application for visitors visa but the application form is filled out online, there is a section on the form that asks for the amount of money to plan to travel with and they ask for your occupation. In my country, they usually request a bank statement. I'm thinking the amount of money you planned to travel with for your time here was maybe too little or too much. As for your reason of visit, that's up to you but your letter of invitation (if you have one), return date, etc., are important.

You can always call IRCC and ask the agent if there's additional info on the reason it was refused. I know for a fact that they sometimes have a more detailed reason.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, amitx that is really frustrating. I can't personally help you. All I can suggest is to hire an RCIC to help with your next application.