Visitor Visa waiting times

Hello,

I'm a Canadian citizen and I've invited my girlfriend to Canada to visit my family. She has applied for a Visitor visa for a 2 week stay.

I'm a bit concerned about the waiting times on the official website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...vices/application/check-processing-times.html

We applied from the UK and the current waiting time is 205 days! That's feels absurdly high for a tourist visa especially considering if we had applied from France it would only be 21 days apparently. Does anyone have any idea what's going on with these processing times? Is it messed up because they only recently started processing visitor visas? Is the London office totally incompetent? Is it because on the website they lump visitor, student and working visas all in one category?

Also does anyone know when the waiting starts? From initial application or from when they receive the biometrics?

Thanks

Wait time starts when they receive the application.

Unfortunately covid is still wreaking havoc. I don't know how many people are even in the office.

Guerrilla_RadiO

Hi there, do you have any news in regard to your gf application? I submitted my application on July 20th, still no answer, this is not my first time travelling to or living in Canada.

Guerrilla_RadiO

still no answer, any suggestion? I've sent 3 messages through the CIC portal but no answer, if I submit a new application the CIC states that the waiting time is 26 days, so what to do now?

Neriah

Wait time starts when they receive the application.

Unfortunately covid is still wreaking havoc. I don't know how many people are even in the office.
I did my biometric screening since 9th of February 2022 , still waiting for their call for submission of my passport. Pls any advice on what to do, it is almost 2 months now yet to hear from them

sindu121

I did my biometric screening since 9th of February 2022 , still waiting for their call for submission of my passport. Pls any advice on what to do, it is almost 2 months now yet to hear from them
Any update on the status?