We only received 247 points.. is this correct?

Cheska

Hi,
I have just submitted our application into the express entry pool my partner being the main applicant and myself as common law partner.
We only received 247 points (which I know is never going to be enough) however reviewing the breakdown there are some categories where we have received no points but I think maybe we should of, for example;
I havnt received anything for my Canadian work experience but I have exactly 1 year which I did June 2016-June 2017.. I’m wondering if it’s because I’m 3 months too late to be within the 3 year time frame.
Also I have a 3 year trade qualification which I haven’t received anything for.
My partner does have a job offer from his previous Canadian employee but has not received any points, they have not got a LIMA which I’m guessing is why.
I am going to apply to do my IELTS to add a few more points but if anybody has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheska

My Canadian work experience is actually June 2017-June 2018 so I am within that 3 years.. I think I started confusing myself there! ‍♀

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You should indeed receive points for your Canadian work experience. If you're applying through Federal Skilled Trades, your certificates need to be in an acceptable trade, as not all trades are included.

Cheska

Hi, thanks for the reply.
We’ve been accepted for the Canadian experience class and since found out that we both have to get an ECA for our education to get the points.. we’ve both got trade certificates for NOC B banded jobs so hoping that will add a few points. I’m also going to do my IELTS as I wasn’t the lead applicant I didn’t do it but since read that doing that will also add points. I don’t know what to do about my Canadian work experience though I’m sure I can dig out my T4’s as proof of employment but is there a way of appealing the points do you know and if so who would I send it to?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe you can appeal the points. You can delete your profiles and resubmit once you have the IELTS. But, honestly, I'm just the webmaster here and have never done this myself. So I don't know for sure.