Wealth rather than 12 month income as alternative for sponsoring sister (only family member)?

jmunk

Hi all

I am a Danish national living in Denmark with my Chinese wife.
As she is an only Child we have to consider moving back to China when her parents get older.
However my wifes uncle lives in Canada, and has no other relatives, which means he could sponsor his sister (my mother-in-law...) however he is a painter with low income, he teaches classes and sells the occasional painting so he does not meet the minimum income requirement.
However his parents left a sizable inheritance and he has no mortgage on his house.

MY question:
Is there any chance that his wealth could be used rather than the minimum income when considering his eligibility for sponsorship, or would he have to reach the minimum threshold for a minimum of 12 months before making the application?

Thanks!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Let's say your wife's uncle can sponsor his sister. What then? Your wife's mother cannot sponsor the both of you unless you are somehow her dependents.

jmunk

My wife and I are coming on express entry, I had just hoped to get the mother her faster instead of having to wait min 3 years till we can sponsor her ourselves. But I found out that once my wife is in Canada the uncle can no longer sponsor his sister so its a bit of a bust unfortunately. Now looking at the investment track but that's a whole other story

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Ah I see. I missed that somehow. You're best off coming here and then sponsoring her. She can get a super visa in the meantime.

I'm not sure he can sponsor her anyway, because of your wife. That exception is supposed to be meant for people who have literally one family member left.

Immigrating through the business path is extremely expensive.

Wolpe

I am almost completely sure that everything depends only on the bank in which you are considering taking out a mortgage. Each of the banks has its own norms and rules for issuing mortgages.

Wolpe

I am almost completely sure that everything depends only on the bank in which you are considering taking out a mortgage. Each of the banks has its own norms and rules for issuing mortgages. One bank may find your conditions satisfactory, while another may refuse you at the same time. Therefore, you need to specify in more detail exactly in those banks that interest you. Personally, I used the http://moneyunder30.com platform to find an interesting mortgage offer. I hope you can find the one that suits you here.