What risks are there in completing the IMM 5604 E

sgtshrek

My ex wife emigrated to Canada last year with my children. She is now asking me to complete a IMM 5604E "DECLARATION FROM NON-ACCOMPANYING PARENT/GUARDIAN FOR MINOR IMMIGRATING TO CANADA" form.
It has a statement saying that I confirm by signing this letter that I may be permanently separated from my children.
Does this mean that she can stop me from seeing my children? We had a solicitor draft a letter of agreement that should would pay for flights for the children to come over to the UK.
What I'm asking is, if I sign this document, would it give her the power to discard this agreement??

Thank you

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
I think this is a question for a UK lawyer, sorry.
But if you want me to guess: I can't imagine a Canadian immigration document being admissible in a UK court as proof that you agreed to annul your previous agreement. But seriously: ask a lawyer.

sgtshrek

Thank you for your reply...

Do you know of any direct email addresses for where I can contact immigration directly about this issue?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
As in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (formerly Citizenship and Immigration Canada)? You can call them at 1-888-242-2100. They will likely tell you they cannot answer the question, though.