Wife and son sponsorship

Salnusair

Hello,
I am sponsoring my wife and my son. We have been married for 13 years and have four children. Three of our sons are already Canadian citizens, but the other one (who is 12 years old) is not. So, which forms should I be using? I know there is IMM 0008, where our son who is not a Canadian citizen will have to be added. Do we need to use IMM 0008DEP and add the other three on that form (one form for each one)? There is also IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information), do we have to add all the children (whether Canadians or not) on that form (Section B)?

Another question on IMM 0008, which is about Question 13 Current country of residence. We have been living in Kuwait for about 10 years. We are not Kuwaitis. I work in Kuwait, my wife does not work (house-wife). What should we write for immigration status for my wife? She is in Kuwait based on my work visa. Is it Foreign National?

Thanks in advance
Sal

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Your other children are not being sponsored so you do not need to included as sponsored dependents.

Your country of residence is Kuwait. I am not familiar with this particular question, but she must be on some kind of visa, right?

Salnusair

Thank you for the response. My wife is in Kuwait based on my work visa that I have. That means if I leave Kuwait, my wife will have to leave Kuwait too. So, she has what is called here in Kuwait "residency visa", which allows her to stay in Kuwait as long as I am in Kuwait.
Thanks,

Sal

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
So then, as far as I understand it, your wife's immigration status would be that she is on a residency visa (in Canadian terms, a "temporary resident visa").