Will my current employer realise that I'm preparing to emigrate?

YTZ

Hi.
I got a new job last month and at the same time, I started preparing documents for EE.
I do not want my current employer to know about my immigration plan. But I know I need to prepare the job letter.
How can I get my job letter and make sure that the current employer doesn't know about my immigration plan?

YTZ

I can get HR to sign the job letter. Will IRCC call or email my current employer to verify my job letter?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It depends upon the country you live in but in some countries it's a right to be able to get proof of employment. The HR person will make a "face" (though in pandemic times, maybe you won't see it). In some countries there are other ways you can get this. Also, if you have a contract specifying the details of your employment, maybe you don't need the letter.

I do not believe IRCC normally calls your employer - only if they have doubts - but, if they do, by that point you will be far along in the process of getting PR.

YTZ

It depends upon the country you live in but in some countries it's a right to be able to get proof of employment. The HR person will make a "face" (though in pandemic times, maybe you won't see it). In some countries there are other ways you can get this. Also, if you have a contract specifying the details of your employment, maybe you don't need the letter.

I do not believe IRCC normally calls your employer - only if they have doubts - but, if they do, by that point you will be far along in the process of getting PR.
Thank you very much!

YTZ

BTW, should I wait for ITA before preparing job letters or should I prepare those letters before ITA? Thanks!

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You have 2 months after you receive the ITA to respond to it. If you want to be really prepared you can do that now. But you will have some time if and when you get it.

Reactions: YTZ