Work or PR visa and Job query

Chitra.rrb

Greetings!
Am an Insurance underwriter, with over 8.5 years experience in General Insurance Industry, Have completed MBA banking and finance, am AIII certified and certified Diploma in health insurance from Insurance institute of India.

Will these proffessional certification(AIII and diploma in health insurance) get equivalent certification from Canadian education systems, further i would like to apply for Express entry pool, I being an insurance underwriter my equivalen NOC code is NOC1234,

How are the job vacancies in insurance underwriting and operations feild, if i get a PR how far i can be sure of getting a Job in canada.

kindly advise me the proceedures to start with, can i approach any reliable Consultancy at india for the same or applying directly will be better, pls advise.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
It sounds like you're good to apply for Express Entry. Unfortunately I do not know enough about the equivalency program to know whether or not your certifications will be accepted or how they will be graded.

I don't know about job vacancies, I'm sorry to say. Try picking the province where you would like to live and then contacting the local association.

I couldn't recommend anyone in India. If you were to work with someone, ask for someone who is connected to a consultant or lawyer in Canada (and ask them to verify that person's information). Otherwise, who knows what you're getting when you give them money.

Chitra.rrb

Thank you for your revert?, can you pls advise me is it better to directly go through the process of WES, IELTS and express entry proceedures instead going with a consultancy or immigration agenty.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again,
I'm biased, because I work for consultants, but let me put it to you this way:
Would you use an accountant to do your taxes?
Essentially, that's what you're doing with a consultant or a lawyer: you're hiring someone to make sure everything is correct. If you are confident in your own abilities to fully comprehend everything that is asked of you, to answer those questions appropriately and to provide all the documentation, then there's no way I can convince you to hire a consultant.
However, if you are in anyway unsure about your chances for success, or about what forms to complete/not to complete, or how to complete those forms, or what to include and not include, then I would strongly suggest a consultant or lawyer. (As I said, I'm biased but I think consultants are better: they specialize in immigration whereas, for most lawyers, it's just one of the many things they do; they are usually cheaper than lawyers; and they care more because it's the very reason for their existence.)

Hope this helps. And good luck!

isthatscaryforu

OK, you need to check out the youtube video "pre-departure services -employment and settlement assistance"

These agencies provide services for free, and these 14 are approved by Immigration Canada, they are also on their website. They will help you find employment in your field while you are still in your country and in your PR process. they will chat with you one-on-one and based on your credentials and your goals make a plan with you. They will also help with your settlement. When you get here, they continue to provide services for you.