WORK PERMIT EXTENSION

kedarnath

HELLO,

My work permit is expiring in march. I have a full time permanent job . I have received the AINP file number waiting for the nomination letter. I have applied for work permit extension are they are any changes to get the work permit extension

please suggest the necessary steps.

Thanks
kedarnath

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Are you intending on applying for the extension or are you wondering if you need the extension before you get the nomination?

Riley

kedarnath

HI Riley,
Thanks for the response.I have applied for work permit Extension . As my work permit is expiring on march 27 2016. As AINP does not process the files after work permit. Is there an chance the CIC consider my application and expend my work permit with out a LMIA.

Thanks
kedar

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Is it the same job as your previous work permit? It is, right? I think you don't need a new LMIA for that.

You won't have "implied" status until you have submitted your application to CIC. So you'll have to extend the work permit again if it expires before you submit that application (i.e. once you've received your AINP nomination letter).

Have I understood you correctly?

kedarnath

I have received 3 years of work permit after completing my PG course of 2 year.Currently having a full time permanent job working for 2 years. I have applied for work permit extension . You are right after i receive my nomination letter i need to apply it again . is there any change to get the work permit extension

Thanks
kedar

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
My understanding is that you have one year left of work permit eligibility before you would have to leave Canada. So as long as you get the nomination before then (March 2017?) you should be good.