Work permit extension

tanishamewara

Hi, my name is Tanisha and I had applied for my work permit after my masters. I received my work permit but instead of 3 years I got it until my passport was expiring (8 months). I have renewed my passport but now that I wanna apply for extension of my work permit, it asks for a LMIA document. I do not have a NOC 0, A or B job so I am not sure if I'll get the LMIA document from my employer.
I want to know if there are any ways that I can get the extension in my work permit.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
When does your work permit expire? If your work permit expires in more than 30 days, you can apply for more time for your PGWP. You do not need an LMIA if you are eligible for the PGWP.

mayera fayez

Hi, my name is Tanisha and I had applied for my work permit after my masters. I received my work permit but instead of 3 years I got it until my passport was expiring (8 months). I have renewed my passport but now that I wanna apply for extension of my work permit, it asks for a LMIA document. I do not have a NOC 0, A or B job so I am not sure if I'll get the LMIA document from my employer.
I want to know if there are any ways that I can get the extension in my work permit.
I have created a whatsapp group for all of us to connect and discuss about Canada Immigration and PR. Please DM or PM me and I will add you to the group.”