Work permit/permanent immigration


New Member
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding work permit/permanenet residence. The issue is I am divorced with a boy 3 years old. My wife and child are already canadian permanent residence. Now I got work permit offer from canadian employer.

My question as If if I apply for permanent residence later on will I need to provide my wife and child(who are canadian permanent residence) medical or police clearance. I know I dont need my wife medical and pcc but I am not sure about the child. Will visa officeask for any child related documents or divorced and child custody papers are sufficient.

Thanks in advance.

Riley Haas

Well-Known Member
I don't believe you will have to do this for your child because the child already has status in Canada. In terms of proving your relationship status with them, divorce and custody papers (translated if necessary) should be sufficient.