Work Permit (PGWP) Application - Outside Canada (India) vs Within Canada?

ronit1894

Hello everyone,

My name is Ronit Sharma and I am MBA Student in Canada. I will be graduating this December and will be starting my full time work in May next year (2021). Before I start working full time, I want to travel to India for a couple of months.
Here's my situation and my options:
I am on a study permit and My study permit is valid till 31st March 2021.

Options I have:

1. Go to India in November/December (as my semester is online) and come back in the last week of Feb (1 month before my study permit expires so that I can enter Canada), and then apply for a work permit within Canada. Then start working in April/May.

2. Go to India in December, apply for the work permit in India itself (Once i get my transcripts in January) and then wait for the work permit in India. Then travel back to Canada once my work permit is approved. This might take time, but just wanted to know if it's possible or not.

3. Flagpole in January (once I get my transcripts). Get my work permit through flagpoling in Jan, then travel to India with my work permit and come back in April end before the start of my work term. Why flagpole? - Because I don't have a US visa as of now, so can't enter and exit US before I get the visa.

Please let me know what's the best option in my case. I have a job offer, everything else is fine. But given the COVID situation, I want to understand my best option.

Thank you!!