Working after graduation?

Alid

Hello,

Can a student keep working part time after graduation if they have a valid study permit, were admitted to a new program of study at the same university at the same level (graduate) and are going to start it in say two, or three months? On IRCC's website they seem to say you can but I would like confirmation of this. Also, when was this rule introduced? (that you can work after graduation if you will start a new program of study within 150 days).

Thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alid,
I'm sorry to say I've never heard of this, but I am just the forum admin, not a consultant. You may want to speak to one of them.

But if you can link to what you found on IRCC's website, I can take a look at it and offer an opinion.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hello, I would like to clarify a number of hours grad has to work full-time in order to apply for PR after, Is it 30 hours or 40 per week? Thank you

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Usually 37.5 and higher is full time in Canada however, for immigration purposes through Canadian Experience Class, full time is a minimum 1,560 hours per year.

Hello,

Can a student keep working part time after graduation if they have a valid study permit, were admitted to a new program of study at the same university at the same level (graduate) and are going to start it in say two, or three months? On IRCC's website they seem to say you can but I would like confirmation of this. Also, when was this rule introduced? (that you can work after graduation if you will start a new program of study within 150 days).

Thanks
Yes, you can

Mooni

Hi there,

I am an international student living in Canada for 6 years. I have a study permit and my spouse has work permit. I intend to start up a franchise business even though my degree is not complete yet and my family has applied for permanent residency in Canada.

Could you please let me know if I can own a business in Canada as an international student? What do I need to do make this possible?

Many thanks