What's new

Latest profile posts

CBI Caribbean is a citizenship firm that provides a range of professional services to our private clients including the acquisition of alternative residence or citizenship as well as real estate. Visit our website for more details and use the contact form for any inquiries. Our website:
How to go back home country in refugee case
Riley Haas
Riley Haas
So you're a refugee in Canada and you want to return to your country you claimed refugee status from?

If you do so, and it is discovered, you will lose your refugee status in Canada.
I got my IMM 1000 landing paper after landing in Vancouver in 1996. I left Canada in 1997 and without applying for a Canada Permanent Resident (PR) Card.
In this regard, can I re-enter Canada by using my US Green Card and stay in Canada for two years so as to reinstate my residency by applying for a Canada PR Card after the fulfilment of 2years continues staying restriction?Thanks a lot!!
Hi William,
My colleague Riley answered your DM. The short answer is that you can try to enter with your Record of Landing (by car).
Thank you very much indeed!!