Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Riley Haas

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 106
Sorry, I may have misunderstood the initial question. These photos are for the sponsorship application or a new passport?

If they're for the sponsorship application, yes one has to have information about her on the back:

If for a Vietnamese passport, please go here

Which country is the passport for?

« on: May 14, 2018, 10:12:50 AM »
You have two options:
  • Apply for a PRTD: This will take 2-3 weeks. You should be sure to include as much proof as you possibly can that you have met the residence requirement, because there is a danger here that if you do not include ample proof, your status will be revoked.
  • Alternatively, you can fly to the US and drive into Canada with your Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR). You should again be prepared to prove that you meet the residence requirement.

Hope this helps.

As long as she is physically residing in Canada when she submits the application, it should be fine if she visits you during the process. But you need to be married in this case.

You will be given a certain amount of time to travel to Canada, usually six months from the date you got your medical exam. Presumably you could land, get your PR Card and return home to finish your military service. But you should know that it's entirely possible that you could be deemed "inadmissible" to Canada due to your service in another country's armed forces. (I have no idea if this would be the case or not, but it's worth mentioning.)

You can learn about the sponsorship process here:

I'm not sure I understand your second question. Are you going to live with him in Egypt? If so, you'll want to go back to Canada before you submit the sponsorship application, because submitting a sponsorship application from abroad adds an additional burden of proof: proving you are settling in Canada, which is difficult.

Applications are still submitted by mail at the moment.

You really should be in Canada when you submit the application.

Hope this helps.

Skilled Workers and Professionals / Re: old life
« on: May 07, 2018, 10:02:30 AM »
Sorry to say I don't know. I have never seen one myself, as I was born here.

Good luck

Then I would try to be cautious: get the letter amended with your new passport number to be safe.

Well, you don't want any confusion about whether the endorsement is for you, right? So if the endorsement has your old passport number on it, I think you need to get that fixed. Does the department that issued it have a phone number you can call?

I'm sorry to say I don't know much about the Atlantic Pilot program, but I would assume you need to get the endorsement amended.

You need to inform them of the change in passports in writing.

Request a new board / Re: Spouse visa
« on: May 02, 2018, 10:28:04 AM »
Yes, she has to sign them. So she can sign them and send them to you and you can complete them, or you can complete them and then send them to her to sign and have her send them back. We strongly suggest using a courier or other service you can track packages with.

Anything that doesn't need her signature on it can be printed off here.

Hope this helps.

Skilled Workers and Professionals / Re: old life
« on: April 30, 2018, 03:29:47 PM »
That is a picture of the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) and not IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) staff.

Former means "used to be" and so there is no requirement for a former member of an agency to dress in any particular way.

This question reminds me a lot of someone who used to frequent this forum quite a bit. I wonder if you know him. He goes by Richard online.

Skilled Workers and Professionals / Re: old life
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »
No, they will not investigate your personal property in your home country.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 106