Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General immigration / Re: will this be treated as misinformation?
« Last post by Riley Haas on Today at 10:26:17 AM »
How can I help?
Canadian Visitor Visas TRVs / Re: Temporary Residence Visa
« Last post by Unwritter on Today at 02:21:44 AM »
The most important part of this content is more and more, and I can recommend the knowledge so that I can publish it for future use.
General immigration / Re: will this be treated as misinformation?
« Last post by Unwritter on Today at 02:20:39 AM »
For the information I received, this helped me a lot, and I wanted to know if you would be able to help me with this. Are these more?
UK Passports / Re: Born in the UK
« Last post by Riley Haas on February 20, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »
Hi Matt,
Before 1983, anyone born in the United Kingdom was a British citizen. Those born in the territories were usually different types of "nationals" (the UK used to have six different types of "national" until very recently).

For anyone born after January 1, 1983, it depends upon the situation and the status or citizenship of the parents, among other things.
UK Passports / Born in the UK
« Last post by thirdcolour on February 20, 2018, 07:51:01 AM »
Hello, I am aware that in most situations, any child that is born in the United States or one of its territories will automatically receive American citizenship. Does the same thing apply to those who have been born in the UK?

Best regards
UK Passports / Moving Back to the UK
« Last post by jazzy on February 05, 2018, 03:48:18 PM »
Hello there,

I was born and raised in England, up until the age of 16. At that time I had moved to Canada with my family (not my choice).
My parents are from Mauritius and became British citizens. I also am a British and Canadian citizen.
Since moving to Canada, I have worked in the financial career for over 15 years,  have obtained 2 diplomas, one in liberal arts and another in Early Childhood Education,  a certificate in Adult Education and a bachelor of arts degree. I was in a long term relationship that was draining my finances, and as a result my credit has suffered. To add to that, unfortunately I was recently charged with a DUI (this was from a ride program and was my first and last offence!) and at 38 years old, I am now looking to move back home to England.

I am wondering what the process and steps are involved in me moving back to the UK?
Will my DUI and damaged credit affect my moving back?

I am hoping to find work as a nursery school teacher or find a position in the education system in England.

Your thoughts and feedback will be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Where to start / Question about RO and Pension application
« Last post by Shazzan on February 02, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
I am wondering if a Canadian PR who has not met RO at a time in the past would be declined an OAS pension or whether the application process would be affected by not meeting RO in the past.
An acquaintance originally came to Canada in 1968 and received his IMM1000 at this time, which he still has.
He stayed in Canada until 1974 then returned to Holland until a visit to Canada in 1986 and 1987 for a few weeks each time.
In 1988 he entered Canada on a business visa good for a year or so. However, he never left Canada again.
Now we are trying to sort out how he will get his Old Age Security pension.
Does it matter that he technically lost his PR status between 1974 to 1988? He has now been in Canada thirty years and still has the original IMM 1000 from 1968.
Will Service Canada see that he was not in Canada from 1974 to 1988, in his passport, and determine that he lost his PR status? I have heard of PR's being asked for plane tickets to prove there entry and departure into Canada when they apply for their OAS.
If this question would be better placed in another forum please feel free to move it.

UK Passports / Re: Is my friend British by descent
« Last post by Riley Haas on January 29, 2018, 10:04:55 AM »
Yes, from what you've said, your friend is a British citizen and can apply for a passport right now.
UK Passports / Is my friend British by descent
« Last post by ismyfriendbritish on January 26, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have a friend whose father is a British citizen.
Friend's year of birth: mid 1990s
Friend's place of birth: outside the UK (Mauritius)
His father was born outside the UK in the early 1960s.
His mother is not a British citizen
His father was a (naturalized) British citizen at the time of birth.
His parents got married before he was born.

Is he eligible for a British passport?

Thank you for your help!
Request a new board / Re: Same- sex marriage ( Canadian- Foreigner )
« Last post by Riley Haas on January 25, 2018, 09:59:03 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10