Can I enter Canada with study permit for internship ?

cherifbio

Hello

I got an intership offer for sept 2015 which will be fellowed by an admission to Msc. or Ph.D (as mentioned in the offer). But I have already got student visa (2017) and a letter indicating that I have a valide study permit (2017) but not dilevred to me (I canceled a previous admission in winter 2015 and did never come to Canada to get the permit in my hands).

Can I enter to Canada then change the conditions once there ? Or shall I apply for an other visa or somthing like that ?
If I should apply please tell me what's the answer that I should choose for this question when I apply online :
"Do you have a a study or work permit and you need another visa to come to Canada?"
shall I say : "yes I have study permit" or "no"

I realy appreciate your help. I am realy confused about what to do

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
We think you should just be able to enter Canada and submit the change of conditions forms. However, you may have trouble either boarding the plane or getting through customs without the study permit. So any documentation of your situation you can bring would help.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
It would certainly help. The offer from the school too, if you have it. Honestly, the more documentaton you can provide on your situation, the better.