Canadian citizen looking for ways to get American husband to reside with me in Canada


New Member
I am a Canadian Citizen. My husband is from the United States, we got married November 2019 in Ontario, Canada. We want to live together but all options seem lengthy and expensive. What are my options for him to move to Canada as soon as possible? He does not have any experience in a skilled trade nor does he have post secondary education. Thank you

Riley Haas

Staff member
Unless he can find a job offer from a Canadian employer - or he can get transferred by his employer to their Canadian office, if they have one - you will have to sponsor him for PR. (I assume that's the "lengthy and expensive" option you are mentioning.)