Canadian marrying asylum seeker from United States

Alina Glen

New Member
I am a canadian citizen. My fiancé is an asylum seeker in the United States. I am looking for the best option for marriage
1. Marry him in the US before he obtains US permanent resident and apply for canadian abroad spousal sponsership to bring him to canada
2. Wait until he receives his permanent resident papers in the US, apply for a tourist visa to canada, marry him in canada and sponsor him.