Canadian Permanent Resident

Riley Haas

Staff member
You can work here without a work permit. You can study here without a study permit. You can work in some jobs that you wouldn't be able to as a temporary worker (such as for certain police departments). You can come and go as you please provided you a) have a PR Card and b) meet the residence requirements. It is also significantly more difficult for a permanent resident to be deported versus a temporary resident.