ECA for Doctors (Medical Professionals)


New Member
Dear Sir

I wish to apply for Saskatchewan/Ontario Immigration Program-Express Entry. I am practicing doctor in Pakistan,did MBBS 05 years Graduate Degree and MSc in Diabetes (02 years Master degree),now i want to know that Should I go for ECA(Educational Credential Assessment) of all her Medical Degrees, to Medical Council of Canada or World Education Services/University of Toronto CES,ICAS etc or BOTH? ……..simple ECA from both require or WES is enough????



New Member
I have answered to your thread already. Have a look.

Hi John,

I have a Bachelor's of Law (Hons.) 5-year course from GGSIPU, New Delhi, India - If we proceed to get ECA from WES then they would assess it as Bachelor's Degree (4 year) as per the WES equivalency tool.

It seems that IQAS/CES would evaluate this as a First Professional Degree - Can someone please confirm this Or recommend where should I get the ECA done from?

The CRS points would drastically change in the scenario.

Also, IRCC claims that Law degrees are professional degrees and extra points can be claimed even if it's assessed as a "Bachelors of Law" or "First Professional Degree"