Entering Canada on Open work permit

Aditya97

Hi,

I have received an open work permit recently. My spouse is the primary applicant whose company sponsored her work permit and my spousal open work permit.

Since my spouse's ( primary applicant) joining is delayed.

Is it possible for me to enter canada on my spousal open work permit before my spouse?

Regards

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
It depends on the reasons why your spouse is "delayed". Was her work permit delayed or did the company planning to hire her in Canada delay her work contract? I would suggest waiting until your spouse's work situation in Canada is clarified, because you may have trouble with officials when trying to enter Canada on your own.

chort2177

This is what's super vague. Most people immigrate temporarily into Canada just so they could really initiate the process of establishing permanent residence. So of course they would be trying to stay (legally of course).

Yet, does this mean you technically have to lie to the agents and just say "look here's my return ticket"? It doesn't make sense, and there is no indication of when you should be upfront by saying you're going to pursue permanent residence or whatever.