Federal Skilled or BC Provincial Nominee

mcataquis

Hi! Can my husband and I apply as primary applicants? Can we apply in the federal skilled and provincial nominee simultaenously?Our first step is to get our ECAs and IELTS. We are both in the bankng industry in managerial positions.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
If you qualify as skilled workers, you can certainly both register in the pool as primary applicants and then, whoever is issued an Invitation to Apply, they can be the primary applicant.
Does that answer your question?

mcataquis

Good to hear that! In this case, What if the applicant who was granted the Invitatiob to Apply doesnt get a job, and the other gets a job upon arriving in canada, is this ok?
Also, can we apply in the Provincial Nominee Program and in the Federal Skilled at the same time?

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. There is no requirement to be employed in order to maintain permanent resident status. So it doesn't matter which of you gets the job. A job offer can help with points before you become a permanent resident, though.

You can, in theory, apply for different streams at the same time. I think the one you don't apply for would just be abandoned if you got accepted for the other. But if you have the invitation to apply, and you qualify, why apply for two?