help required !!!

mehreendanyal

hi my mother and father got british passports and lived in nairobi kenya . I was also born in 1962 in nairobi kenya . when i was only 8 years old we visited pakistan in 1970 and our all documents including my mother's british passport and even my kenya birth certificate misplaced and we never found it again . From that day we are still in pakistan . Now i am 54 years old and i want to apply for my british passport . Kindly help me out please. thanks

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
The British nationals in Kenya in 1963 would have likely become Kenyan. Are you sure that didn't happen with your family?

If it didn't, you'll have to not only find your parents' proofs of British nationality, but you will have to prove that they didn't become Kenyan. It's a tall order.

Sorry for the bad news.

mehreendanyal

hi , thanks for your reply...
Yes i am sure about this that they did not become kenyan.
If i will be able to find my father's british passport copy , will it be enough to apply for my british passport ??
please help me out ...

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need his passport, your parents' marriage certificate, your birth certificate naming him as your father...but it may still not be enough. They may believe he became Kenyan. Proving that part is tough. But whether or not you have to prove that, I don't know. You can always apply with the above and see what happens.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
An entry record showing that they entered Pakistan on British passports might work, if they have a record of that.

mehreendanyal

Hi , I found my father's British passport copy with Pakistan's entry stamp .My step sisters and brothers (from same father but different mother) lives in london and kenya with british passports .. Will their copies of their passports or id cards help me to get my british nationality ???Plz guide me further.
thanks.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know that their passports would help. I think the thing to prove is that you are British. Because of the different parent, they could be British for other reasons.

mehreendanyal

hmmm i was born in 27 march1962 in nairobi kenya as i have told you that all of my documents misplaced including my birth certificate and i only have my father's british passport copy ...how can i apply my birth certificate from nairobi?? what documents are required to apply my duplicate birth certificate??
Thanks