How realistic are the chances of getting PNP in 2021 (CRS 384 - NOC 4166)

seb.phil

hi,
How realistic are the possibilities of a PNP nomination in 2021?
I have a CRS score of 384 only and even though I work in the technology sector, I've applied under 4166 – Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers - This being my role as a Technical Training Content developer/instructor.
I did score a CLB 9 in IELTS, but the consultant now tells me that I should probably learn French to get a few more points.
My understanding of PNP is that only if a particular province has a need for 4166 (which does not seem to be very promising), they'd look into the Express Entry pool and then send invitations based on the top CRS scores.
I'd like to know how realistic are my chances and if its really worth spending money and time trying to learn French; or should we consider immigration beyond our grasp.

Thanks in advance for your help!

dreambig

I have heard people getting OINP for 400 under human capital priorities scheme. but the cut-off goes at 460+ which is almost as high as EE.

I have a crs score of 436 in 2173 -Software engineer.
Most consultant advice to do a 1 year master. But my doubt is rules and score will drastically change by the time I finish masters and again doing a masters for the sake of points will only cost time and money

So do II really stand a chance with 436 point in OINP human capital prioritie scheme with NOC 2173?

rita

Should I tell you that my score was also less than 400 and I got nominated as I used well the waiting time to learn French. I learnt French from scratch, I contacted reputed institutions but they did not offer tailored courses and nothing specific to TEF/TCF and moreover I did not have much time to take it up. A friend suggested Languagesy and I took courses with them. They were super good, they helped me complete the course quickly and suggested me lots of ideas to approach the course ( which was very helpful). I got nominated within a week after I uploaded my French scores. I suggest that you consider learning French as some provinces look for bilinguals it is certainly worth the money. Please visit their website and contact them if you are interested. Sharing their website in case you wish to try: https://www.languagesy.com
you can also write to me if you need more details.

dreambig

Should I tell you that my score was also less than 400 and I got nominated as I used well the waiting time to learn French. I learnt French from scratch, I contacted reputed institutions but they did not offer tailored courses and nothing specific to TEF/TCF and moreover I did not have much time to take it up. A friend suggested Languagesy and I took courses with them. They were super good, they helped me complete the course quickly and suggested me lots of ideas to approach the course ( which was very helpful). I got nominated within a week after I uploaded my French scores. I suggest that you consider learning French as some provinces look for bilinguals it is certainly worth the money. Please visit their website and contact them if you are interested. Sharing their website in case you wish to try: https://www.languagesy.com
you can also write to me if you need more details.
What's the score you received for French and how much extra marks did you receive for that?

rita

I had 24 extra points because of French. Thanks to languagesy (for the techniques they shared). My scores were 380 in speaking, 305 in listening, 270 in reading, 380 in writing. I was happy about the score and I achieved it in around 5 months, i dedicated some extra time to it apart the classes.I also discovered that they was a demand for bilinguals.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, given that the lowest score was once 421, I guess it's possible. The general trend country wide has been for these scores to go up but who knows what kind of wrench the pandemic has thrown into it.

I used to think fewer people would join the pool during the pandemic but that's not quite what happened: https://www.immigroup.com/news/express-entry-pool-points-distribution Apparently plenty of people still believed they could and should immigrate to Canada during this time.

Once the border re-opens and we have enough vaccinated people for things to sort of go back to normal I guess we'll get a better idea of what all cut-offs will look like. Sorry I can't be more specific.

mayera fayez

hi,
I have a CRS score of 384 only and even though I work in the technology sector, I've applied under 4166 – Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers - This being my role as a Technical Training Content developer/instructor.
I did score a CLB 9 in IELTS, but the consultant now tells me that I should probably learn French to get a few more points.
My understanding of PNP is that only if a particular province has a need for 4166 (which does not seem to be very promising), they'd look into the Express Entry pool and then send invitations based on the top CRS scores.
I'd like to know how realistic are my chances and if its really worth spending money and time trying to learn French; or should we consider immigration beyond our grasp.

I have created a whatsapp group for all of us to connect and discuss about Canada Immigration and PR. Please DM or PM me and I will add you to the group.” Please Provide Full name, Mobile and Email Address.

mayera fayez

I had 24 extra points because of French. Thanks to languagesy (for the techniques they shared). My scores were 380 in speaking, 305 in listening, 270 in reading, 380 in writing. I was happy about the score and I achieved it in around 5 months, i dedicated some extra time to it apart the classes.I also discovered that they was a demand for bilinguals.
I have created a whatsapp group for all of us to connect and discuss about Canada Immigration and PR. Please DM or PM me and I will add you to the group.” Please Provide Full name, Mobile and Email Address.

vik

hi,

Learning French definitely has its advantage. You get additional points on the PNP points assessment grid which can help you get an invite.

This is not entirely true. Candidates are first ranked on PNP Point assessment grid of the province (if they have one. For example, Manitoba has a 100 point scale where you need min 60 to qualify for Manitoba SWO. Similarly Saskatchewan has a point grid where you need min 60 points to qualify. these candidates get ranked on the grid and then invitations are issued based on labour demand. Even this is very dynamic and based on what NOC is the province targeting. You can use this Manitoba points calculator to estimate your points -> https://www.immiboards.com/tools/manitoba-pnp-points-calculator/

If your NOC code is NOT on excluded occupation list of Saskatchewan, you can also try for Saskatchewan PNP. Again, a min score of 60 points is required on their points assessment grid to be eligible. You can use this calculator -> https://www.immiboards.com/tools/sinp-points-calculator/

Check your NOC code with SINP Excluded occupation list: https://publications.saskatchewan.ca/api/v1/products/102709/formats/113851/download

For your information, Saskatchewan issued invitations to NOC 4166 on Feb 11, 2021 https://www.immiboards.com/news/saskatchewan-sinp-invites-541/ so you can definitely try for Saskatchewan by submitting EOI. Check your SINP points first.