I need an urgent transit visa

Omaima

Dear Sir/Madam
I hold a passport from Sudan and staying in Egypt. I booked a ticket in Air Canada Airline to USA and I found that it has a transit in Canada for three hours (at Toronto, Pearson Int'l) in my way to USA. I have only 6 days till my departure which will not able me to get a transit visa from the Canadian Embassy in Cairo.
Can I get the transit visa at the Airport board? and what do you advice me to do?
Thank you.

Riley Haas

Administrator
Staff member
Omaima said:
Dear Sir/Madam
I hold a passport from Sudan and staying in Egypt. I booked a ticket in Air Canada Airline to USA and I found that it has a transit in Canada for three hours (at Toronto, Pearson Int'l) in my way to USA. I have only 6 days till my departure which will not able me to get a transit visa from the Canadian Embassy in Cairo.
Can I get the transit visa at the Airport board? and what do you advice me to do?
Thank you.
Hi,
The processing time for transit visas at the Embassy in Cairo is currently 33 calendar, as I'm sure you're aware. There is no way that we are aware of for getting an urgent transit visa. You have a few options:
1) Apply online right now - as processing times are always faster for online applications - and hope for the best, but if you travel without a visa, you will likely be sent back to Egypt (or the airline may not even let you board the plane in the first place)
2) Apply for your visa online or on paper and change your flight to a month from now to be safe;
3) Change your flight to a direct flight to the United States.
Unfortunately, Sudan as been added to the countries whose nationals need to provide biometric information to come to Canada, so this will complicate your visa application.
I hope this information helps.

Riley