inland and outland sponsorship?

Riley Haas

Staff member
Inland sponsorship is sponsoring a spouse (or partner) who is already in Canada, whether on a visitor visa or for some other reason. Overseas sponsorship is sponsoring someone who is not yet in Canada. The application is processed slightly differently, the processing times are different, and there are slightly different considerations. (For example, if you are doing an inland sponsorship application, your spouse or partner can apply for a work permit once you have been approved as the sponsor.)