Lawyer service & permanent resident

Riley Haas

Staff member
You do need to use a lawyer or a consultant to apply for permanent residence. All a consultant or a lawyer can do is help you prepare the best application possible (and help appeal any rejection). You can leverage the lawyer or consultant's experience; there are a lot of things that are not made clear or straightforward, especially in permanent residence applications, that could conceivably negatively affect your application.
That being said, provided you qualify, follow all the instructions to the letter, and make sure you have crossed your t's and dotted your i's, there's no reason to seek paid assistance.