PR card renewal - In person interview at IRCC Etobicoke office

SandeepSh

Need your expert advise in this situation

Last year I was stuck in my home country for 1 year 8 months due to pandemic and my PR card was about to expire hence I applied for my PR card renewal from my home country in April 2021 and came back to Canada in July 1 2021. My total days in Canada were 733 in the last 5 years from the time I applied. Now after waiting for over one and half years I am getting a letter from IRCC on October 25, 2022 for an in-person attendance on Nov 2nd week, 202. I am asked to carry all the documents including residency proofs.

I have added 450 plus days after returning to Canada with a job in hand, and calculating 5 years prior from the the day of interview the number of days I am in Canada is more than 1022, based on this case, can I be issued a PR card with a 5 year validity or they can still report me due to not meeting my residency obligation based on the days I had at the time of application.

The letter says " In order for IRCC to determine if the PR card that was created for you has the appropriate period of validity and can be distributed to you, or if a PR card of a different validity period should be prepared and issued to you, your attendance is required, as per subsection 58(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR):....

Appreciate if you could have me understand:
1) What questions they might check in the in-person interview?
2) Do they handover the PR card at the office when they are satisfied with the evaluation?
3) How was your experience in the interview

DAS

Need your expert advise in this situation

Last year I was stuck in my home country for 1 year 8 months due to pandemic and my PR card was about to expire hence I applied for my PR card renewal from my home country in April 2021 and came back to Canada in July 1 2021. My total days in Canada were 733 in the last 5 years from the time I applied. Now after waiting for over one and half years I am getting a letter from IRCC on October 25, 2022 for an in-person attendance on Nov 2nd week, 202. I am asked to carry all the documents including residency proofs.

I have added 450 plus days after returning to Canada with a job in hand, and calculating 5 years prior from the the day of interview the number of days I am in Canada is more than 1022, based on this case, can I be issued a PR card with a 5 year validity or they can still report me due to not meeting my residency obligation based on the days I had at the time of application.

The letter says " In order for IRCC to determine if the PR card that was created for you has the appropriate period of validity and can be distributed to you, or if a PR card of a different validity period should be prepared and issued to you, your attendance is required, as per subsection 58(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR):....

Appreciate if you could have me understand:
1) What questions they might check in the in-person interview?
2) Do they handover the PR card at the office when they are satisfied with the evaluation?
3) How was your experience in the interview
Hi....according to Residency obligation rules you had already 730 days to be eligible for get your PR cards renewed. Then why did they called u in person for interview? I would appreciate if you would like to disclose it because I am in such situation.
Thanks.

IMMIgroup

Get Answers!
Staff member
Phone
+1-416-962-2623
Web
https://immigroup.com
Email
[email protected]
The most important thing you need is to show you have been in Canada for 733 days. Maybe proof that you tried to return to Canada but could not because of travel restrictions.

When we do renewals for PR cards for our clients, we always try going over the 730-day requirements by at least 50 to 100 days.