Proof of Citizenship certificate application

Mark11

Hi, Applied a couple of weeks ago for my son for a proof of citizenship certificate (Spouse and I are Canadians living in US, son born in US). First time applying for this certificate. Realized when looking over my copy later that I dated the application with the year 2020. Obviously it will be rejected. Do I wait for the rejection or should I immediately send a new application? Will it takes months to get a rejection?

Mark11

Thank you so much for the reply! Ok, I will submit a new application...anticipating rejection of the other one because of it incorrectly being dated with the year 2020.

I did receive an email from IRCC saying the application has been received and will be reviewed. The letter from them gave an application number and a UCI number. Do I put the UCI number on the new application? Thanks!

Mark11

Ok, so I did put the UCI number on the new application since I had it. So my question now is:
The first application had an incorrect date on the signature page of 2020 and thus will be rejected. I have sent the second application one month after the first. Do I need to formally withdraw the first application?