Seeking advise!

Biggyboy35058

I am a Canadian Citizen, and I have a same sex relationship with a Philippine National. We want to marry, but that would only be possible to do in Canada. So I am researching what is the best way to accomplish this. We want to reside in Canada. I am a Canadian Military Veteran, and due to health limitations it is not possible for me to travel to the Philippines, although I have travelled there numerous times in the 1990's. I am thinking to try to help my partner to get a Visitor Visa, then when he comes to Canada we can marry. Then, I will apply to sponsor him as my spouse, while he is here in Canada. We have never met face to face, but have developed our relationship mainly by extensive communicating via Facebook video calling. He has a 4 year University degree in the Phils, and has travelled out of the philippines several times to visit other countries in S.E. Asia. His family is well established and owns several properties etc. He was working in the Tourism industry there but is not working presently mainly due to Covid affecting business there. I am semi retired, and well established in Canada, and finances for his trip is no problem. I am prepared to give him a detailed letter of invitation with financial evidence to fund his trip. I would appreciate any input or suggestions, including strategy regarding successfully getting his Visitor Visa to Canada. Thank you!

canadageorge

Administrator
I see a few issues:

'We have never met face to face', I would say that your Sponsorship application will not work. Basic requirements is you have in an intimate relationship for at least one year or more. Even in a weak case the two parties would have met at least twice.

Applying for a visitor visa could be a good start, but the big question is will they get it. This depends on your Filipino partner, proving that they will return to the Philippines. For most Filipino's this is not easy to prove.

Keep researching, I would start by watching a few videos on YouTube.

Here is a few links to get you started:

Good luck,

Biggyboy35058

THank you for your reply & the info you have provided.. much appreciated.. It confirms my thinking that the best strategy at this point is a Visitor (TR) Visa.. Your advise is not surprising, as I have had first hand experience, (albeit many years ago) attempting to secure a TR Visa for a Philippine National to visit Canada.. I also understand the difficulty in trying to satisfy Immigration Officials, that the visitor will in fact, leave Canada at the end of his visit.

As far as reasons to return home, In this particular situation, the individual's immediate family are fairly well off, they have several property holdings..(His Father is retired Phil. Marine NCO, and His Mother is a school teacher) This individual has also travelled to several S.E.Asian countries on several trips outside of the Philippines. His past work experience includes the Airline industry, (He worked for Cebu Pacific Airlines). He holds a 4 yr degree (BSc in Hospitality Management, Palawan State Univ. 2014) and had been working in the Hospitality Industry on Palawan, until Covid affected everything. More Recently, He has been working at "Norton" internet security, in their call center. He is, at the moment off work, and awaiting a better shift schedule. He does have some of his own Savings, but of course, I will be responsible for the majority of the cost involved in his travel.

I am semi Retired here in BC, and I am financially well situated.. I am planning to put together a detailed letter of invitation & financial undertaking, and I will also include documentary evidence to show the funds available for his trip. I do understand that this letter from myself, does not guarantee a favorable decision from Immigration Canada. However my strategy is "if they ask for 6, give them 12". If you feel there is any further specific considerations that would be helpful, I would appreciate your further input. Moreover I may hire your firm to do a review of the application at the appropriate time before we submit it. thanks again in advance for your assistance!

canadageorge

Administrator
You have the right mind sent. 'if they ask for 6, give them 12'.

here is what you need to keep in mind:

- In reality you get one chance with the visitor visa - first one works you are golden - but if the first one fails, 98% he will never get one again.
- His documents that proves he is stable (Banking info, letter from employers, proof of assets like real estate) is going to hold the most weight.
- The last thin you can do if pay a immigration professional to review and clean things up before you file. This should cost $500 to $1000. Here is a good article giving you tips on finding someone like this (maybe locally) https://www.immigroup.com/topics/how-to-find-an-honest-lawyer/

Miller_wanderer

I think it's crucial and might leave a red flag impression to the IO if you mention that you are "in relationship" but haven't met face-to-face. Immigration Officers are now very strict. Personally, I'd rather let him apply for a tourist visa since his family is well-off and it seems has a good record.

I am a Canadian Citizen, and I have a same sex relationship with a Philippine National. We want to marry, but that would only be possible to do in Canada. So I am researching what is the best way to accomplish this. We want to reside in Canada. I am a Canadian Military Veteran, and due to health limitations it is not possible for me to travel to the Philippines, although I have travelled there numerous times in the 1990's. I am thinking to try to help my partner to get a Visitor Visa, then when he comes to Canada we can marry. Then, I will apply to sponsor him as my spouse, while he is here in Canada. We have never met face to face, but have developed our relationship mainly by extensive communicating via Facebook video calling. He has a 4 year University degree in the Phils, and has travelled out of the philippines several times to visit other countries in S.E. Asia. His family is well established and owns several properties etc. He was working in the Tourism industry there but is not working presently mainly due to Covid affecting business there. I am semi retired, and well established in Canada, and finances for his trip is no problem. I am prepared to give him a detailed letter of invitation with financial evidence to fund his trip. I would appreciate any input or suggestions, including strategy regarding successfully getting his Visitor Visa to Canada. Thank you!
As per your patterns profile I will suggest you to ask him if he can apply for IEC program by IRCC or if he matches any of Masters Graduates Stream Ontario.

DustinGriffin

Phone
Email
[email protected]
I am a Canadian Citizen, and I have a same sex relationship with a Philippine National. We want to marry, but that would only be possible to do in Canada. So I am researching what is the best way to accomplish this cubes 2048. We want to reside in Canada. I am a Canadian Military Veteran, and due to health limitations it is not possible for me to travel to the Philippines, although I have travelled there numerous times in the 1990's. I am thinking to try to help my partner to get a Visitor Visa, then when he comes to Canada we can marry. Then, I will apply to sponsor him as my spouse, while he is here in Canada. We have never met face to face, but have developed our relationship mainly by extensive communicating via Facebook video calling. He has a 4 year University degree in the Phils, and has travelled out of the philippines several times to visit other countries in S.E. Asia. His family is well established and owns several properties etc. He was working in the Tourism industry there but is not working presently mainly due to Covid affecting business there. I am semi retired, and well established in Canada, and finances for his trip is no problem. I am prepared to give him a detailed letter of invitation with financial evidence to fund his trip. I would appreciate any input or suggestions, including strategy regarding successfully getting his Visitor Visa to Canada. Thank you!
"We have never met face to face" Well, it is a problem. Let him apply for a tourist visa by himself.