Sponsorship for permanent residents (Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409))


New Member
Good day,

I'm Canadian citizen and my girlfriends is from Germany and working in Canada with a work permit. I'm applying to be her Sponsor to get her permanent residence.

We have to prove that we are common law, but we are a bit confuse if we have to filled the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) form.
There's a mentioned on the website stating "Important: A sponsor and their common-law partner must complete this form only if the common-law partner is a co-signer on the application to sponsor a parent or grandparent. "

Do I need to fill this document (IMM 5409) to prove we are common law? If not, witch document we have to fill?

Thank you.