Temporary resident visa - confusion


New Member

I came to Canada 2 years ago as a student on Study Permit. Now i have finished my education and got a job. Before joining work, I got my work permit.

Now the problem is that my study visa ends in December 2014, and I am planning to visit my home country during the same time. I understand that I would need a valid visa to enter Canada. For the same purpose, I am searching a lot on the web as to which form to fill for applying TRV from within Canada. I came as a student but am on work permit now. So another question is my status in Canada - Am I a visitor or a Worker? CIC defines both of them and am confused which one I fall into.

Some information on this will be really appreciated.