TFW eligibility


New Member
Can I apply for a temporary work permit as cook (NOC 6322) if I have two years work experience ascertainable, I got 6 on my IELTS and I have a job offer but I don't have a degree from university? am I eligible?

Riley Haas

Staff member
Work permit requirements hinge primarily around the job offer and what a Canadian would need to do that job (according to ESDC). See
"Employment requirements

Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks
Completion of college or other program in cooking
Several years of commercial cooking experience are required.
Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified cooks upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination."